Institute for Natural Medicine and Prevention
Maharishi University of Management, Fairfield, Iowa, USA
The Institute for Natural Medicine and Prevention was established to scientifically investigate the most ancient and comprehensive system of prevention-oriented natural health care, Maharishi Consciousness-BasedSM Health Care, for the prevention and treatment of the major chronic diseases of our time, with emphasis on cardiovascular health, ageing, and quality of life in underserved high risk populations.
Twenty-one million dollars in federal research grants has been awarded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and private funding agencies to medical researchers at the Institute for Natural Medicine and Prevention, to study the clinical effectiveness of Maharishi's Transcendental Meditation® Programme and programmes of Maharishi's Vedic Approach to HealthSM.
The Institute's most resent research findings
the feasibility and efficacy of Maharishi's Transcendental Meditation® Programme in the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease and its associated risk factors, especially hypertension
• improvement in well-being and quality of life
• prevention of aging and promotion of longevity
• reduced medical care utilization and expenditures
Ongoing collaborative research studies include:
• long-term effects of the Transcendental Meditation® Programme on hypertensive heart disease in African-Americans
• long-term effects of Maharishi Consciousness-Based Health Care on the aging process in the elderly
• long-term effects of the Transcendental Meditation® Programme on cardiovascular morbidity and mortality rates in African-Americans
• effects of Maharishi Consciousness-BasedSM Health Care herbal antioxidant preparations
•effects of Maharishi Consciousness-BasedSM Health Care on cancer treatment and prevention
Institute for Natural Medicine and Prevention at MUM, USA: www.mum.edu/inmp